viernes, 7 de junio de 2013

Jed Henry Illustration

seedatart: You don't have enough badges to hit me! This is...



seedatart:

You don't have enough badges to hit me!

This is brilliant.

Secret of Mana This is one of 6 new pieces that will be at...



Secret of Mana

This is one of 6 new pieces that will be at Gallery Nucleus in LA, this Saturday night.  I'll be there in person, hanging out.  Please come say hi!

http://www.gallerynucleus.com/gallery/exhibition/390

This looks SOOO good. Tai-yaki is like a waffle, in the shape of...





This looks SOOO good.

Tai-yaki is like a waffle, in the shape of a fish, stuffed with sweet filling.

I've never seen them stuffed with ice cream before!

Look at how the fish's mouth is gaping open, like it's being force fed.

Only in Japan.

I was cleaning out some old files, and I found this.   Does...



I was cleaning out some old files, and I found this.  

Does anybody recognize this print? It's an actual design from the 1800s.

anthonyholden: Y'all dudes know Jake Parker, right? Comics...



anthonyholden:

Y'all dudes know Jake Parker, right? Comics genius extraordinaire? Well, he's launched a kickstarter to print a book of his beautiful ink sketches—and you should get a piece of that action!

Looking at other artists' sketches is part of what keeps us all inspired, so get yourself some inspiration. If you don't, Spaceskull will probably decimate your home planet with his laser beam.

Sorry for the crummy imbed. Apparently the mighty Spaceskull cannot be contained by a gif hosted on tumblr.

My friend, Anthony, did this AMAZING animation.

The character is Space Skull, the creation of another friend named Jake Parker.

Jake just launched a Kickstarter campaign to share his amazing talent.

Please check it out!  His art is so inspirational.

anthonyholden: Parenting is about giving. Potty humor is the...



anthonyholden:

Parenting is about giving.

Potty humor is the toughest part of parenting.  What am I supposed to tell my kids, when I love potty humor myself?

Tradition meets nostalgia! This is a handmade Japanese woodblock...



Tradition meets nostalgia!

This is a handmade Japanese woodblock print, featuring Samus. 

You can see how it was made in this video.

Prints are available here.

Wow! You did that ambient tune? Thats awesome. What a blessing to be both musically and artistically talented haha. I love it! Keep up the awesome work!

Hey, Classy! You're too nice!  I am lucky to have a little brother who's so good at music.  I'm digging your posts! Keep 'em coming!  :)

listenuphenry: This was originally a sketch I wrote for a...



listenuphenry:

This was originally a sketch I wrote for a recent scoring gig I had. It wasn't the direction they were going for, but I really like the vibe, groove, and sounds I was getting with the strings.

photo e8577287-fb65-475e-be7a-ed1563b0b2c2_zps2c0bd2ef.jpg

I dig this ambient groove.

willstrongart: Did you know that Chinese dragons have 5 toes?...







willstrongart:

Did you know that Chinese dragons have 5 toes?  If it has fewer than 5 it is from another country.  True thing.

Did you know drawing Chinese dragons is fun?  True thing.

I'm loving these simple, stylized dragons.

jakewyattriot: This tiny comic is Test Number One.  But more...





jakewyattriot:

This tiny comic is Test Number One.  But more tests are required.

-Jake

Something wonderful is cooking in the mind of my friend, Jake Wyatt.  Can't wait for this comic!

idrawnintendo: A while ago, I drew a little pic of Cloud and...



idrawnintendo:

A while ago, I drew a little pic of Cloud and Red XIII leaning on a railing together. For the heck of it, I tried to imagine what sort of conversation they were having annnnnddddd then I remembered that Hojo tried to force Aeris and Red XIII to mate in captivity. True story. It's in the game. Look it up. I'd blocked it out of my mind as well.

Sorry for the prolonged absence! I've been crazy busy working on a ton of awesome new projects! You'll see soon!

I'm loving this guy's comics! This cracks me up.  So awkward.

LOVE THAT MECH!



LOVE THAT MECH!

Fleshing out the story, but still being succinct.  That's...



Fleshing out the story, but still being succinct.  That's talent!

willstrongart: My favorite green hero. I did a bunch of...



willstrongart:

My favorite green hero.

I did a bunch of different color treatments for this image. The simplest one ended up the best.

My friend, Will Strong, has a super appealing style.

My friend Anthony is TOO...











My friend Anthony is TOO talented.

anthonyholden:

ルパン三世へのファンとしての愛情をどういう風に表せばいいかを迷っていたら、やっと考えついた。銭形警部も入れてメインキャラがちょうど五人いるんだから短歌にしてみました。コイツコイツに脅かされてマーべルコミックスのキャラも入れたり。

字余ってないのに、流れ等が短歌らしくないのを悔しく思うが、外人なりにこれ程のものしか作れないと言っとこうかな。

気に入ったのなら是非フェースブックのページをフォローしてください。宜しくお願いします!

Dudes, I love Lupin The Third so much that I took a shot at writing a tanka poem. And I got so inspired by my buddies Jake and Jake that I added Marvel characters into the mix.

And in case you were wondering, here is a rough translation:

 O, thou noble thief

Picking a fight with justice

Ever in Training

Require but a single shot

To steal whatever you like

Follow the party on facebook if you haven't already!

kobbers: jakewyattriot: 22.  The Gumbo-eatin' Gambler The...





kobbers:

jakewyattriot:

22.  The Gumbo-eatin' Gambler

The talented and lovable woman-of-comics Kt Shy asked for a Gambit waaaay back at the beginning of the month, and I've been thinking about how to draw him ever since.  

I wanted to do an updated Gambit look, something more modern and sensible, but Gambit is so STEEPED in the Lee/Claremont 90's-ness that to try to remove it is to kill the patient.  So let's accept, enjoy, and celebrate this ridiculousness.

'Cause dey don't make 'em like Gambit anymore, chére. 

Drawing by Jake Wyatt

This is so friggin' cool.

My friend, Jake Wyatt, is bringing sexy back to X Men.

My new design for March is finally up! I loved Secret of Mana SO...



My new design for March is finally up!

I loved Secret of Mana SO MUCH as a kid. 

You can see more at:  http://www.ukiyoeheroes.com/products-page/giclee/

willstrongart: A little late night play testing. The prototype...



willstrongart:

A little late night play testing. The prototype board game is coming along nicely. #boardgame #nerd #somuchfun #LegendSaga

More shots of my friend's amazing board game concept.  I love these monster designs!

willstrongart: The Kribler, another monster for Legend Saga:...



willstrongart:

The Kribler, another monster for Legend Saga: Quest or Adventure. #legendsaga #sketchbook #ink

Did you love Hero Quest as a kid? My friend, Will Strong, is making a tabletop RPG for kids. These characters are BRILLIANT!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario